From the ancient port city of Ephesus (Efes) to the soaring Byzantine dome of Aya Sofya, Turkey has more than its fair share of world-famous ruins and monuments.
Turkey has something to offer for all travellers - discover Cappadocia, grab a kebab and wander through Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar, relax in the healing waters of a thermal Turkish bath or travel through the ancient Silk road. Exceptional landmarks, wonderful natural sceneries, historical legacies and a rich culture, Turkey is renowned for its hospitality and is always eager to please.
The perfect Turkish experience is just around the corner, so what are you waiting for. Call one of our consultants today on 1800 773 656 and get your Turkey package secured before its too late.
Top 10 Things to Do in Turkey
- Visit the spellbinding Byzantine glory of Aya Sofya Museum in Instanbul
- Awe at the mighty ruin of Ephesus - one of the still standing Roman cities in the Mediterranean region
- The swooping rock valleys of Cappadocia will make anyone think they are in a dream - best experienced with a hot air balloon ride
- Topkapi Palace, a culture journey through the world of the sultans
- Pamukkale, pure white travertine terraces and a famous natural wonder of Turkey
- Sumela Monastery - along the Black Sea Coast - an empty monastery in Turkey's northeast region
- Cruise along Turkey's mediterranean coastline and explore hidden coves, white sand beaches, and steep forest-clad slopes.
- Ölüdeniz, Turkey's most famous beach, is not only picture postcard perfect, but one of the world's top paragliding destinations
- Antalya, a snug cobblestone town along the mediterranean coast, is picture perfect and will not disappoint
- Ani, a city along the Silk Road, abandoned beautiful red-brick buildings, crumbling away amongst the steppe grass - a historical monument from the 14th Century
Travel Tips for Turkey
- Make the most of Turkish cuisine - it is some of the best cuisine in the world
- Grand Bazaar in Istanbul’s Old City is the place to go for shopping!
- Be respectful in a mosque - move slowly and be as quiet as possible
- Get to know the language - knowing this will go a long way
- Be aware of the proper dress etiquette and dress modestly